Monday 24 October 2011

Wherever I Lay My hat.......






This morning I took the rubbish out and sadly I saw a homeless man on our floor sleeping next to the radiator by the lift. Boy, I'm used to seeing homeless people all the time, living near Victoria Station we see many people who are in this predicament, but when there is literally someone on your door step you cannot ignore them completely, he looked the age of our eldest daughter. On the way back up he was still there snuggled under his coat with his trainers neatly placed next to him. I didn't know what to do, so when I left to go out to work I made him a cup of tea and left him a little change. Maybe I should have done more, on the tube I remembered a homeless shelter near the Cathedral that could have helped out. It's sad that in London you are afraid to say or do anything to help because you don't want to put yourself in danger. I was a total coward today.

1 comment: